These photos were taken three different times. First was during our trip to pick out our Christmas tree. There is an old truck on the mountain that we stopped and took some photos. The other photos were taken during the Christmas parade here in town. River loved it!
The final photos were taken in front of the oldest house in Cedar City. It was going to be torn down, but the town decided to move it to a place where it could be preserved. I love old houses. I grew up in a home that was over 100 years old, so I was all for them saving this home. Abby and I sometimes go to antique stores and consignment stores, or as she likes to call them- JUNK stores and she asked what so great about old things. I told her that old things are unique- not everyone has one exactly like it. I ask the lady who ran the store her opinion of old things( she being quite unique herself). She said old things are made better. Post your opinion of old vs. new.
3 comments:
I agree, they are unique. I have the hardest time not copying other people with my options only being TArget. that is fun though. I like looking in old restored houses , it makes me grateful I didnt have to live without my modern inventions and conveniences. :)
I'm with you sista! They just don't make things like they used to. Not only that, but it adds nice variety to all the 'new' stuff out there. Merging teh eras I say.
Of course I like to look in junk stores too and I like old houses too! I can't quite put into words what I like about them or why I do: I just do. If I had all the money I could ever need, I would probably live in an old, old house again! But I agree with Cherish: I like the modern conveniences and it takes a lot of money and work to bring an old house into a functional home.
Post a Comment